Our website is: https://farmsbook.com
- This Policy should not be construed as a guarantee of action by the Company or as creating contractually binding promises. To the extent that Law (as defined below) or contractual provisions impose stricter requirements than the guidance set forth below, the Company will comply with the more restrictive Law or contractual provisions. Adherence to this Policy may be limited to the extent required to respond to legal, governmental or regulatory requirements, or where expressly permitted by Law.
SCOPE AND ELIGIBILITY
- This Policy applies to the Processing of Personal Data of Company’s current and former employees, buyers, farmer producer organizations (“FPOs”), farmers and traders and/or any person accessing any Platform. POLICY
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- 2.1. General Statement: The Company insists upon the highest standards for secure transactions and information privacy. The Company collects Personal Data for identified and appropriate business purposes, or as may otherwise be required or permitted by Law and does not Process Personal Data in ways that conflict with those purposes, unless otherwise required or permitted by Law.
- 2.2. Personal Information Collected by the Company: The Personal Data that the Company may collect and Process includes, to the extent applicable to the relevant Data Subject: personal and business contact information (including name, home address, work address or location, phone number, and email address); financial information (including bank account and/or salary details); emergency contact information; beneficiary information; recruitment, pre-employment and employment information, including background checks, employment history, educational history, career profiles, attendance records, performance appraisals, corrective actions, benefits-related information and information concerning retirement, resignation, and other types of termination; job title and description, date of hire, working status, employment hours and any written agreements between the Employee and the Company; information relating to work-related claims, internal investigations and disciplinary proceedings; information held for employment law and health and safety purposes; communications data and other data stored on, or transmitted through, the Company’s Information Resources (including phone call logs, emails, and internet browsing history); image and/or voice, which may be captured through photographs, video recordings, audio recordings and/or similar media; driver’s license information; business travel and expense reporting information; Sensitive Identification Data and Sensitive Personal Data; and other similar information.
- Registering of an Account: The Platform gives the option of creating a user account (“Account”) as a farmer, trader, FPO and buyer. If the Data Subject decides to create an Account, they will provide the Company with certain Personal Information, such as first and last name, email address and password, phone number, business name, commodity interested in, location, crop name, selling month and quantity and any other information regarding seller and buyer. The Data Subjects are not required to register to use the Platform. However, the Company collects personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from the Data Subject when they set up a free account. While the Data Subject can browse some sections of Company’s Platform without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. The Company also uses contact information to send offers based on previous orders and interests of the Data Subjects. The Company will have access to SMS, contacts in directory, location and device information and the Company may request the Data Subject to provide requisite KYC document (such as PAN and Aadhaar) details to check eligibility for certain products/services including but not limited to providing credit) being offered by the Company, its affiliates or its lending partners. The Company may share this data with its affiliates or its lending partners for the same purposes stated in this Policy. In the event that consent to this, such use of data is withdrawn in the future, the Company will stop collection of such data but continue to store the data excluding Aadhaar information and use it for internal purposes to further improve its services.
- Purchasing an Farmsbook Product: The Data Subject purchasing an Farmsbook product using the Platform, they are given the option of logging into an Account or, if they do not already have an Account, creating a new Account. In either case, when the Data Subject purchases an Farmsbook, the Company collects some additional information, such as billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
- Making Payment: The Data Subject while making payment through use of the Platform, they will need to provide Personal Information to Company’s third-party payment processors. Such Personal Information may include Sensitive Information, such as credit card number, expiry date and security code. This information is not collected by Farmsbook but is provided directly by the Data Subject to Company’s third-party payment processors and its collection, use and disclosure is governed by their privacy policies. The Company encourages the Data Subjects to review the privacy policies of Company’s third-party payment processors.
- Submitting Information to the Website: The Company collects information, including Personal Information that is submitted by the Data Subject to the Platform. This includes any text, images, videos, photographs, messages and comments on message boards, product reviews and customer testimonials. If they choose to post content such as a product review i.e., where content can be viewed by all users with or without user accounts, the Platform will collect the information submitted to the Platform and the information contained in their posting will be visible to others, including any Personal Information they choose to include. The Company cannot control who reads the postings or what other users may do with the information that they voluntarily post, so it is very important that they do not put Personal Information in the posts if they do not want it to be seen or used by others. Please keep this in mind when submitting content to any public area of the Platform. The Company reserves the right to use any product reviews or customer testimonials for its marketing and promotional purposes, so please take this into consideration while choosing to include Personal Information in the product reviews or testimonials.
- Communicating with us: The Company may also collect Personal Information from the Data Subject when they communicate with the Company. For example, they may send Personal Information by an email, subscribing to the Farmsbook email list or through the Platform contact form. If they contact via the Platform, the Company will require their full name and email address. They also have the choice to provide with their city, state/province, and any other information they choose to provide. The Company will keep a record of that correspondence in order to respond to the enquiries and to process the requests.
PROTECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA AND SENSITIVE IDENTIFICATION DATA
- Higher Level of Protection: Because of the nature of Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data, the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as Law in certain cases, require that a higher level of protection be applied to it compared to Personal Data that is not sensitive.
- Protection Protocols: The Company shall apply a higher level of security to Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data reflecting the correspondingly greater risks arising from the unlawful or unauthorized disclosure of such information. In particular:
- Any hard copies of documents or any tangible materials containing Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data shall be locked in a file cabinet or closet or shall be secured against unauthorized access by other means.
- Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data shall not be stored on removable storage media such as laptops, CDs, DVDs, USB storage devices or mobile devices (e.g., phones, tablets) unless the data is encrypted.
- Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data shall be encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data shall not be transferred, even temporarily, to an Employee’s home computer, an Employee’s personal email account, or any Internet website or any other unauthorized electronic equipment without the approval of the Chief Privacy Officer and, in such cases, the Sensitive Personal Data and Sensitive Identification Data shall be encrypted.
- The Company does not use Sensitive Identification Data except when absolutely required for legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to, Employee benefits and tax purposes, when required by Law or upon prior written approval of the Chief Privacy Officer.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY
- The Company may share Personal Data with third parties in compliance with Law. With respect to Personal Data of Data Subjects, such third parties may include other Company entities, service providers, business customers, regulated entities to which the Company provides products and/or services, entities that may acquire portions of the business, and regulatory authorities.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE POLICY
- All the Data Subjects are expected to comply with this Policy.
CONCERNS AND APPEALS
- The Company takes reasonable steps to permit Employees to raise concerns about the manner in which it Processes Personal Data. If an Employee has a concern about the Company’s collection or Processing of Personal Data, the Employee should notify one of the following: the Company at email@example.com or the Chief Privacy Officer. A Data Subject such as a customer, FPO, farmer or trader may also raise concerns with the Company about how it Processes the Personal Data, which concerns will be addressed in an appropriate manner in accordance with Law. Farmsbook shall provide and notify these subjects of an appropriate contact mechanism who has questions about the Company’s handling of Personal Data as well as, if applicable, with the contact details of the Chief Privacy Officer or any similar person responsible for the protection of their Personal Data.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE POLICY
- This Policy is administered by Company’s Chief Privacy Officer.
- The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the exclusive right to interpret, administer and apply this Policy, to make any exceptions to it, and to change this Policy at any time and for any reason. The provisions of this Policy do not establish contractual rights, in whole or in part, between the Company and the recipient of the Policy. The Company reserves the right to modify, amend, or terminate this Policy at any time. This Policy is the property of Farmsbook Solutions Private Limited (Farmsbook) and is the recipient’s responsibility to review the intranet publication of this Policy to ensure the most current version is being referenced before taking action based on any printed copy, which may be outdated.